Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,703   Online: 919

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wonderful photographs! I would like to see some carbro prints of these originals. That would be amazing.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Back when I worked at a camera store, we sometimes had orders for copy prints from old photos. We did not have a lab on-site (it was a small store), so we'd send this type of work out. One time a customer brought us a few 5x7 Kodachrome transparencies (family portraits) from the 1940s. They were stunning! I did not want to send them out and have them get lost in the mail or damaged by the lab. I told the customer that they were in possession of a historic artifact, and would be better off taking them to one of the pro photographers in town.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent advice! I would dearly treasure such a portrait of my parents, who were married in 1941. I do have a BW wedding portrait, but not the negative. I often wonder how many family pictures shot these days will survive the inevitable hard drive crash; I'd imagine few are printed out and even fewer images are properly backed up. Ah well, "a voice that crieth in the wilderness...."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I just wouldn't have thought that the colors would have held up that well after all these years. I mean that first shot is 70 years old!
    And that's first generation Kodachrome. It got better...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Again, these photos show very well why so many of us are sad this film is forever gone. Beautiful color and excellent dark fade resistance (it fades more rapidly than E6 in light fading, however, so some people would make Ektachrome dupes for projection.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Old Kodachrome vs. old Ektachrome;

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/5...ktachrome.html

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Women Hairstyle and dresses are awful. They are long , curly and smelly. Look at the prewar style 18-39 era and look at american 39 to 68 era , you will discover the facts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    WHAT?

Hairstyles and clothing styles come and go. It's absurd for those in one era to seriously ridicule those of another era.

And smelly? How the hell would you know that?? These are Kodachromes, not Smell-O-chromes.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you curl your hairs like these women at hairdresserwho is using electric heat , you start to smell like fried chicken.
    Look at art deco years and american inspired years , there is 8x10 to 1mp camera difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin