Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,341   Online: 920

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

4 x 5 Kodachrome shots from the 1940s

I didn't know where to post this, and some of you may already have seen them. I found this link on Pentaxforums.com, and thought APUG would enjoy them.

http://pavelkosenko.wordpress.com/20...5-kodachromes/

What a treasure we've lost in Kodachrome! And imagine the work involved in these shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are those really real? They look like reproductions! The color is still so vivid and the lighting is spectacular in all of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They're real. These make the rounds every now and then, and are superb examples of the "Kodachrome look" some of us were talking about in one of the Kodachrome threads. It may not be the most vivid or the most objectively accurate but there's something very "real looking" about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just wouldn't have thought that the colors would have held up that well after all these years. I mean that first shot is 70 years old!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I just wouldn't have thought that the colors would have held up that well after all these years. I mean that first shot is 70 years old!
    They are well processed and properly stored Kodachrome.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have posted that link myself in the past and so have a few other people. It's always good to have a look at what people could achieve without the benefit of modern technology which they think they can't do without now.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It's when I stumbled upon those photos on the web back in 2009 that I discovered the existence of large and medium format photography along with what kodachromes are. They got me so inspired that I decided to pick up my analog camera again and seriously get into photography, buy a Speed Graphic and a Rolleiflex, and shoot as much slide film I can before no one can anymore. Unfortunately I couldn't manage to shoot Kodachrome in time before the end of it. Those pictures are risponsible for my presence on apug. They are the next best thing from a time machine!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for sharing, there were some there I haven't seen before
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen many old LF Kodachrome but must have missed these before. I prefered the colours of early Kodachrome to later versions, I never really liked K64, I'd grown up with KII and then K25.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Compare these to a digital image from today after it has been left for the same number of years! I know which will still be the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin