Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,662   Online: 976

Shooter
    Multi Format

Really valuable Argus C-3!

This is just amazing. http://fab.com/inspiration/kodak-cameras-trio-ii It seems that some people have far more money than sense.

Reminds me of seeing in Highlands, NC, in a shop specializing in "decorative items" a number of Readers' Digest condensed books handsomely rebound in half-leather. The old adage comes to mind, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig," no offense to pigs intended!

Note that the cameras are for "display purposes only," so they presumably don't work.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the operator of that website would have to pick their jaw up off the floor if they saw all the "valuable" vintage cameras my wife and I have scattered around our place. Especially when they learned that we've never paid more than about $10 for any of them.

EDIT: I wonder if we're missing a clever business opportunity here....
    Last edited by rthomas; 11-13-2012 at 08:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I think the operator of that website would have to pick their jaw up off the floor if they saw all the "valuable" vintage cameras my wife and I have scattered around our place. Especially when they learned that we've never paid more than about $10 for any of them.
    Yeah. Or are they cynical scroundrels who know exactly what they're doing. Somewhere I saw a photo forum post of pimped up C-3s, etc, with wood veneer coverings, etc, listed for hundreds of dollars each. As I recall those boxes did work, however.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, at least today there is no Argus C-3 to see at that page. But like the Bakelite one in the center.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll take a C3 with the sandmar over any of those!
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does that mean my Argus C2 is worth more? You can tell its made from Bakerlite due to the fact that its called a 'brick' they are about as heavy lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It will always be a sow's ear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ha, note the left most cam, my first camera. I still have it (avatar). This mean I 'm sitting on a small fortune? All those "bricks" were manufactured about 3 blocks from my home. The Argus Bldg is now part of the U of M campus sprawl.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin