Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,300   Online: 916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Kodachrome Canister Collection

In a sad way, I guess this belongs in this part of the forum.

Every roll of Kodachrome I sent to Dwayne's I requested them to send the casette back. I made a string of all save for a few;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kodachrome.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	60397
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am sort of on the same track. My dad shot all sorts of occasions from 1953 to about 1978 on a double 8 8mm movie camera, always on daylight balanced Kodachrome.
    I spliced the movie rolls together onto themed reels many years ago as a teen - holidays, christmas, birthdays, etc.

I kept all of the the unique differnt box variations the product was packaged as.

Presently they are laying cut apart (stored much easier over the interventing years), and flattened out on the copy camera base board. My thought was to use then as subject matter as I fine tune my 100' of slide dupe film, to tweak the process for copy material which will have a reduced contrast range typically than that of a slide.

In the mean time they lay there. It has been for less than a month, so perhaps the project will come together over the Christmas holidays.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I thought you meant these canisters:

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/z...lmCansMain.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I have some of the metal screw cans as a aprt of my display case, some Kodak,, some Ilford, some Agfa.

I do press them into service to hold film in my computer case for when I am travelling somewhere on business, and don't want the film to perish as fast as it goes though the x-ray inspections.
    Sometimes I find a great scene, and have slack time to explore it when the light is right.
    Other times the camera never comes out of the bag, and the film comes home unused.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the screw top canisters myself.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used to throw those aluminum screw on film cans away back in the 70s! now they're on ebay for $2-5 each!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I kept 1,000 of the boxes from Kodachrome I shot in order to use them to spell out the words The Kodachrome Project for when I finally hang the show.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one screw on canister myself.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I kept six or eight carefully opened boxes. And that one solitary K64 roll in the freezer to thaw out and smell once a year...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Kodachrome Canister Collection

I kept all the boxes but the security guy ripped open THE LAST rolls I had on the flight home from Dwayne's... I told him I didn't want them opened but they wouldn't let me on the plane... Grrr

I can't believe I didn't request the cans back! There were piles of them at Dwayne's... I want to make ornaments too! No fair! Haha

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin