Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,026   Online: 902

Thread: Zenith VU-FLASH

Shooter
    35mm

Zenith VU-FLASH

Hi all:

I just received a Zenith Vu-Flash today in very good condition.

The lens, body, shutter, and front glass pieces are in excellent condition and the camera seems to work properly.

There's one thing I'd like to do though, I'd like to clean the inside of the glass on the view finders, they're dirty.

Looking through the front lenses of the two view finders I can see that the mirrors, especially the one for the top view finder are extremely dirty.

I'm assuming that unlike SLR cameras the mirrors on this camera are the common variety consisting of a piece of glass with a reflective coating underneath.

Is it practical and safe to gently pry up the metal border around the view finders or should I remove the front of the camera from the rest of the body? How would either task be accomplished? I don't want to damage the camera in an effort to clean it up.

While I'm on the subject what speed 120 film should I use say on a sunny day? I have rolls of 100 and 400 speed film.

Thanks for any help you all can offer.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Best advise is send it to a repair shop which knows what he is doing. I checked the Google and its a lovely camera , dont ruin it.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    Good thought.

There's no where local but I could check with Blue Moon in Portland, Oregon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin