Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,952   Online: 788

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    It is quite obvious to the person causally walking around that Jeff Kubach is a man of superior intelligence and charm.
    I wish women think same thing!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jeff, they do but they are shy. You just have to approach them and ask them out. After all what beautiful woman can resist a man with a Hasselblad?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have #2, the Rolleiflex with Tessar f3.5. All the rest of the cameras they mention are way too modern for me. My Leica is a c.1942 IIIc.

Kent in SD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I currently own one on the list (P6X7, purchased in 1983) but in the past have owned a Rolleiflex Automat (now own a Rolleicord V), Pentax LX, Rollei 35 and I used to sell the Canon AE-1 amongst other brands in the early 80s.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Jeff, they do but they are shy. You just have to approach them and ask them out. After all what beautiful woman can resist a man with a Hasselblad?
    I have to remember that!

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have had the Oly XA, the Superwide (the SWC/M version), and I currently own two Rollei 2.8E models. Cameras are not good pick-up material - if you want to troll for women, get a puppy. Saying, "hey baby, how do you like my Hasselblad?" transforms it from camera to very very very obvious PCD (Penis Compensation Device). If you must have a PCD, get a Corvette. Then at least she can share it with you. Otherwise you'll be flying solo, in more ways than one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We're all going to have our quibbles but it's a cool list none the less. I think you could generalize it a bit in some places.

The only exact model listed that I have is the Pentax LX, every bit good enough to deserve to be on the list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It may not be a bad list (there are so many cool film cameras, how could you pick just 10 anyway). I've had or have 5 different Pentax film cameras over the years and none made the list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went into a well-known professional camera store in Seattle in 2000 with the intention of buying an AE1 as my first real camera. The salesman opined that "its hard to get lenses for those" and convinced me to buy a Nikon N60 instead. Their customer service hasn't improved much in the intervening thirteen years...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MSchuler View Post
    I went into a well-known professional camera store in Seattle in 2000 with the intention of buying an AE1 as my first real camera. The salesman opined that "its hard to get lenses for those" and convinced me to buy a Nikon N60 instead. Their customer service hasn't improved much in the intervening thirteen years...
    It's one of the first principals of salesmanship, sell them what you have, he probably didn't have any AE1's in stiock.
    Ben

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin