Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,063   Online: 834

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    Naw, the camera salesman probably got a spiff (bonus) for selling a particular brand. If it's between you getting the best camera for you and him getting a sawbuck guess who wins? I'm not knocking all camera salespersons, but it happens more than it should.
    I agree desertratt, I too dislike the kind of salespeople that this sort of company policy produces, I worked in camera stores for almost 25 years, and I preferred to have my staff paid a bonus on them collectively reaching a monthly and annual sales target, in fact it wasn't unusual on the last Saturday of the bonus period for the store to stay open until we had achieved our target because it made a big difference to our salary.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    I have but two on the list, AE-1 and F3, but I have 4 AE-1's and two F3's so I have six on the list. There shoulda been an APS and a 110 on there too. I've got more odd looks from my Pentax Auto 110 than anything else.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have a SWC This is like a camera equivalent of penis envy...I hope I don't front up to a urinal with those damned SWC owners!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    I have but two on the list, AE-1 and F3, but I have 4 AE-1's and two F3's so I have six on the list. There shoulda been an APS and a 110 on there too. I've got more odd looks from my Pentax Auto 110 than anything else.
    For odd but approving looks, nothing beats a TLR. I don't have a Rollei though one is on my "one day" list but my Yashicamat 124 suffices fine for the looks. And unlike the 110 you can readily get film for it, AND print to 16x20 from it with nearly zero visible grain, if so inclined.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    no Brownie!?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    And don't forget my Teenage Age Mutant Turtles 110 camera.
    Uh-oh. Sounds like you got a knockoff. It's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I hope you didn't pay much.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ^ haha, mutant turtles, picasso, warhola, dali, van gough

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    I don't have a SWC This is like a camera equivalent of penis envy...I hope I don't front up to a urinal with those damned SWC owners!
    For everyone else a SWC would not be penis envy, quite the opposite. For you of course being very short would be a length improvement.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    If you want to make someone with an SWC feel inadequate, turn up with a 38/4.5 Biogon on an Alpa 12. If you want to make someone with a 38/4.5 Biogon on an Alpa 12 feel inadequate, turn up with a 38/4.5 Biogon on a Century Graphic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of the list I have one. The Pentax 67. Just recently acquired, and going to shoot the first roll of film today.

I've also got a couple of near misses. No Canon AE-1 , but I do have the A-1 and the AE-1 Program. I like the A-1 best of the two. Though it has developed, "the squeak". I've owned it since new. The AE-1 was a gift from a friend, who has "moved on" to a phone cam.

I've also got a Rolleicord V, and a III, but no Rolleiflex.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin