Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,606   Online: 1144

Shooter
    Medium Format

Chicago Area Camera Show 23 Jan. 2005

I'm not sure I will go to this show myself this weekend. But here is the information. It is part of the Photorama dealer circuit that has shows in various cities. The cost is $5-$6 to get in. Less than the cost of a movie. They also sell modern equipment. You can also sell or trade your unwanted equipment.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

CHICAGO AREA CAMERA SHOW

RADISSON HOTEL Schaumburg
    1725 East Algonquin Road, I-90 or 290 West to
    53 North to Algonquin Road West 2 miles on left,
    Schaumburg, Ill

OPEN TO PUBLIC 10-3pm
    Mark Schumann

"I'm a Adnams man"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark,

Do you know how this show compares with the twice a year shows run by the Chicago camera collectors group? Can't remember the group's exact name.

Chuck

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info. Any Chicago APUGGers going? I will for sure.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP
    Mark,

Do you know how this show compares with the twice a year shows run by the Chicago camera collectors group? Can't remember the group's exact name.

Chuck
    Well, I'm not a Chicago native like most of the people around here. I think I've only been to the big show "Chicago camera collectors group" once several years ago. If you are referring to the one that is held by O'Hare Airport. I think these two groups are connected. The few that I have been to seem to have fewer and fewer mint Rolleiflexes. Also, very few large format cameras. One thing I've noticed is that the shows seem to be getting smaller. Still it's a great way to spend a few hours browsing. Sometimes an item you think may want, you change your mind after picking it up once.
    Mark Schumann

"I'm a Adnams man"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The upcoming show is a monthly show & most of the equip is user stuff. The twice a year show tends to be a more "collectible" or unusual marketplace also includes images.
    Many of the sellers at the monthly shows will price at retail but be much more flexible when it comes to negotiation. Some are dealers who see it as an extension of their retail shops. Bargains are available if you know the market & sleepers always creep in.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin