Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,333   Online: 702

Thread: Ernemann Film-k

Shooter
    35mm

Ernemann Film-k

I have just gotten hold of a ernemann film-k camera from before ww2, and as far as i can tell it is working properly. I notised that there is no way to rewind the film after all the pictures are shot, so how can I get it out without ruining the film. I have no darkroom or much photographic experience, im pretty new at this, but im eager to try and take some pictures with it.

Does anyone have a clever solution to my problem?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If this uses 120 film you dont rewind, you just continue winding onto the take up spool when finished.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks

Thanks. One more question dough: is it then safe to to take it out?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rollfilms are self-protecting due to consisting of two layers:
    -) the photographic film proper
    -) a opaque paper.

The paper is located behind the film, and both are wound together on the spool. As the paper is somewhat longer at both ends it will protect the film from exposure when wound on the spool.
    Furthermore that paper has markings which can be seen through a red window at the back of the camera, to enable winding of the film the right distance for the next exposure.
    By this one could refrain from adding a automated proper winding and a frame counter to the camera (though such features still are useful).

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, you've beel alot of help

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin