Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,174   Online: 790

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nice slides found on flea market

Hi all,

so yesterday I bought for 5 euros slide projector and around 1000 ( :o! ) slides - most of slides is from Poland. Most interesting are photos from Polish pope John Paul II, around 100 slides from him.
    Here are some examples - maybe someone can say is this rare - shall I consider to share this with church or museum, or those are known photos?

regards,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0153.JPG   IMG_0151.JPG   IMG_0154.JPG   IMG_0155.JPG   IMG_0157.JPG  

IMG_0158.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if they are known, but they are wonderful. i certainly would offer them to the Catholic Church, or a museum.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdunek View Post
    I don't know if they are known, but they are wonderful. i certainly would offer them to the Catholic Church, or a museum.
    Yes, they are ... still looking thru all slides...here are some more examples - not from pope, from "everyday life".

Also I got some films 8mm, 16mm and 35mm ... those flea markets are great thing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0159.JPG   IMG_0160.JPG   IMG_0162.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Print a 5 meters to 7 meters pope Picture and send to me. I will hang it from balcony. All the muslims would like it at ramadan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are they originals or copy slides that were so prevalent and sold in sleeves next to the registers at gift and souvenir shops in the 60's, 70's and 80's?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Fantastic find! Sure see who can archive them. Slides wont last forever.

The later images look like copies though. So if they are not originals it may be hard to do anything with them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Are they originals or copy slides that were so prevalent and sold in sleeves next to the registers at gift and souvenir shops in the 60's, 70's and 80's?
    Architecture part are copy slides sold in sleeves ... (like "Canada", Italy", Venice" and so on) . Probably in communist Poland only way in 60's and 70's for common folk to see how is life from another side of border.

Pope and other are in one box - but I guess also that they are copy slides.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin