Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,378   Online: 759

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ricohflex, adjusting shutter?

hi all,
    I have a Super Ricohflex, which I use fro fun purposes basically.
    The lens had some fungis which I cleaned, and luckily no marks were left. Focus was adjusted for infinty and focusing mechanism was lubed (using high vaccum teflon paste)

Now I believe the speeds are not accurate, and even though I have exercised the camera to improve the leaf-shutter mechanism 1/10 seems to be off.

Any idea on where to find a resource on cleaning/adjusting the shutter for these cameras?
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Repair

Tritisol-You can contact Essex camera repair which is in N.J. I have a Ricoh TLR that I sent to them almost 2 years ago for shutter repair and its still holding up. They specilize in Japanese cameras like these. The guy also seemed to be Japanese. Quick turnaround;fair price to fix. Call them at 201-933-7272
    Regards, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried to adjust this myself.
    Found ti to be pretty easy actually.
    - Remove the geared ring around the lens (3 screws)
    - Remove the front and midle lens elements (I used a piece of rubber and my hands as wrench)
    - Remove the white-cosmetic ring by loosening 2 screws
    - The metallic ring there is used to set the speeds, note the position of it. And remove it.
    - The problem was some gunk in the gear-system of the speed setting. I used some xylene applied with a hypodermic to losen the gunked up grease. After exercising the shutter many times, I applied some teflon-doped oil (sewing machine type).
    The "speeds" ring was also gunked up, I took it away and cleaned it with WD40/xylene
    - The diaphragm was clean and mving freely so I didn't touch that
    - Cleaned each lens element with cotton swab/windex and then used lenspen to remove any lint.
    - Put everything back together and collimat to adjust focus to infinity
    - Voila!

Next project... djust a prontor shutter with sluggish slow speeds
    Mama took my APX away.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin