Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,545   Online: 1158

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Very old shutter mystery

I know how it works, I know, sort of, what lens is in it. I just don't have any idea who made it, when or where it was made and what camera it might have come from. The lens is, I believe, a Rapid Rectilinear, or Aplanat–not knowing where it came from makes that distinction tough to guess–two cemented, symetrical doublets. It covers 5 x 7 (I shot two sheets with it set for infinity), maybe more. The focal length seems to be (WAG measurement) between 170 and 190mm, so about 7 in.

It's on and old(ish) Masonite board, obviously not it's original home, but I'm showing the back to indicate the rather odd mounting holes. I've taken it off the board, and these are the only holes in the mount- no regular flange. It appears to have been mounted originally on a specific front standard.

I can't find anything like it on the web. Any idea?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front1.jpg   frontlow.jpg   front top.jpg   Back.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Whitey,

Google kodak number four satchel sector and you should find this shutter mounted on a kodak camera as shown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	83617

Dan
    Last edited by Fotoguy20d; 03-04-2014 at 11:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Dan!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin