Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,044   Online: 797

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Filmentwicklungsgerat B. A WHAT???

I recently acquired this item and I think I know that it is a developing system for 80mm film. I has several discs of various sizes, tanks of various sizes, film loader of some kind, and a full instruction book and illustration book (both in German) all packed away neatly in a fitted wood box with an APO return address and overpainted OD green. All the parts are a brown bakelite type material. It appears to be complete except for the thermometer (I recognized that word) and the supply of cloth rags. Anybody know what the heck it really is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mine4.jpg   me1.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    I recently acquired this item and I think I know that it is a developing system for 80mm film. I has several discs of various sizes, tanks of various sizes, film loader of some kind, and a full instruction book and illustration book (both in German) all packed away neatly in a fitted wood box with an APO return address and overpainted OD green. All the parts are a brown bakelite type material. It appears to be complete except for the thermometer (I recognized that word) and the supply of cloth rags. Anybody know what the heck it really is?

Film processing device is all it means...

Images
    It means "Driving Pleasure"

Wait, No, that's fahrvergnugen
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It means we're going to see the Dead and we're all going to trip.

No, that would be fuhckingroovin.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's a film developing apparatus. I've never seen this thing, and it's a bit difficult to read the manual in the pictures, so that's about all I can say from the information given.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    that's fahrvergnugen
    No, that's fourfignewtons
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    looks like a primitive patterson tank with interchangeable spiral discs
    maybe you can scan a couple of pages of the manual

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    all packed away neatly in a fitted wood box with an APO return address and overpainted OD green. Anybody know what the heck it really is?
    Hmmm, judging from its looks, that can easily be a Luftwaffe kit to develop your Agfa films straight in the air... over London, maybe? At least the colour and shape of the box are suggestive about it. Don't know exactly why, but the foirst thing that came to my mind is a picture of a guy with Linhof making an air reconaissance The German equipment of those years does always sound like an echo of war. I am sure your 80mm would come out fine from it, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you scan in the manual we can translate the basics for you - our german is quite reliable - and afterwards you will have the *Vergnügen* to know what this is all about. BTW: is it in gothic letters or roman script? Tells something about the age of this set.

Cheers, Norm

Try these word for tongue-breakers:

automatikus elöhívótank-mozgato berendezés (automatic film agitator)

or

nagyméretü kihuzatos fényképezögép (view camera)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    So Norm, who is this "we"? I know you've mentioned that there are two of you in there sharing one username. Do you both post in the same voice? Do you have two names, or are you both named "Norm" ("Norma" and "Norman," "Norma" and "Norma," "Norman" and "Norman"?), or is "Norm" some kind of normalized compound name?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin