Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,592   Online: 1117

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

127 negative pages/sleeves?

Looking for a source for 127 negative protectors - pages or sleeves, preferably pages (to make contact sheets).
    Tried J&C and Light Impressions (no luck).
    Thanks for any leads.
    Note: 120 pages don't seem to hold them flat, and so I'm looking for the correct size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might contact print file, seems to me I remember them still having those available.

http://www.printfile.com

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try printfile or frugalphotographer... freestyle could be a last resort as well
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sionnac
    Looking for a source for 127 negative protectors - pages or sleeves, preferably pages (to make contact sheets).
    Tried J&C and Light Impressions (no luck).
    Thanks for any leads.
    Note: 120 pages don't seem to hold them flat, and so I'm looking for the correct size.
    Hi, I use the 120 pages and place a piece of glass over the sleeves to keep the 127 negs flat when making contact prints.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Dave - I do use the glass, just wanted to keep the negatives from curling in the sleeves, which they do when I use 120. Thanks for all suggestions. I might buy some acid free tissue and fold my own...

Shooter
    127 Format
    I've never seen them, and I've checked out pretty much every source of 127 materials. If anyone tracks them down I'd LOVE to know. I just use 120 sleeves. They do stop curling eventually, when they've been in the file for a month or two.

Curling is just what 127 seems to do. I'm not sure if the Efke base is more prone than most, but I think there's just something about the size and weight of the film - 35mm is too small to curl, 120 to heavy - 127 just wants to wrap itself up into a little ball!

Wouldn't trade it for anyting else though!

What are you shooting with?

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ian - I have a Falcon Miniature Deluxe with a 50 mm Minivar Lens - nothing fancy, small, I or T only (no shutter speed or aperture control). Some images on my webpage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ian - I have a Falcon Miniature Deluxe with a 50 mm Minivar Lens - nothing fancy, small, I or T only (no shutter speed or aperture control). Some images on my webpage.
    Sionnac, check out Ian's site at www.onetwoseven.org.uk for all things 127. Maybe you could contribute to the gallery there.

Cheers,
    Dave
    "...slow down and start using photography to create an image, not just capture one." b.e.wilson

"Speed kills, Del" Johnny Fever

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 127
    127 just wants to wrap itself up into a little ball!
    I'm glad it's not just me. I have been leant a load of 127 negs taken during WWII by my grandfather in law and it has taken me ages to get them to lie flat enough to print. They are on Agfa nitrated cellulose based film.

David.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I have a Falcon Miniature Deluxe
    The whole falcon history is really bizarre. They were bought by Harold Rubin, who was a marketing guy. He rebranded, and renamed them so many times its just funny:

The were also known as Spartus, Utility, Acro, Camera Man, Elgin Labs, Photocraft, Cinex, King Sales, Faultless, Bernard Products, Monarch Mfg, Magestic, Galter, Mar Crest Mfg, Remington, Deluxe Products, Rolls Camera Mfg, Waldorf and of course the classic Seymour Sales!

The give away is that most (apart from some early falcons - based in New York), were all made in Chicago, and labeled as such. Any obscure brand from chicago is probably a Spartus derivative. The exception is Imperial.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin