Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,492   Online: 799

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Ansco Cadet Reflex

I got a little Cadet Reflex on ebay recently (99 cents! ) and my roll of 127 film arrived today to test it out, but I realized I don't know what the shutter speed is, and I can't find any info online. Does anyone know? Is it safe to assume its probably 1/30 or 1/25 ish?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know, either, but I think my similar 127 cameras are more like 1/50ish.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The single speed shutters on these type of cameras (that would be most rollfilm cameras with one "instant" shutter speed) vary slightly, but most are around 1/30. They were made for films like Verichrome, that had a very wide exposure latitude. Since the only films made in 127 (as far as I know) are all 100 speed, you should do fine on any sunny day. Just shoot it and have fun. Old cameras are a gas! Old Stuff
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Colour film is available in 200 speed and there is some re-spooled Portra 160 out there (B&H). The shutter speed is around 1/50th but check the Colour/B&W switch on the front of the camera. This may give you two different apertures.

Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin