Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,850   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 761

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JHannon
    He developed the old roll of Kodacolor 620 in HC110 dil b?..
    This works pretty well, though my own preference is for higher dilution and longer process -- the result you get is rather dense for wet printing, but scans okay. Not great quality, but how good would even 30 year old Kodacolor II be in the correct C-41 after this much time? And forget getting anything useful from most C-22 films like the original Kodacolor...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I went to MoPA today in San Diego and they have a show up right now about found photos. Kind of cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 3 roll of film that were in some old cameras I purchased on eBay. I am curious as to what is on them. I need to remember to get them developed.

I also have a roll of 35m that I got in a box of olf Kodak lenses. That roll has been developed and has shots of a family picnic or vacation.

Heath

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Time Tales has a lovely collection of found photographs.

Shooter
    35mm
    I remember looking through a very large bin of old photos at Snoopers' Paradise in Brighton, UK. Most were family portraits and snapshots from the 40s, 50s and 60s. They were cheap too. Unfortunately I suffered from paralysis of analysis and didn't buy any. I still regret it . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sowerby
    I remember looking through a very large bin of old photos at Snoopers' Paradise in Brighton, UK . . .
    Snoopers' Paradise was one of my favorite ways to waste my time when I lived in Brighton, it's a wonderful place. They still had many, many old photos when I was last there.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have some pre-WWII glass slides (I think they are pre-WWII) that I picked up at a flea market outside of Chicago a few years ago.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Visited the Museum of Photographic Arts as well, today, in San Diego. Had a nice collection of found photographs. Makes me want to shoot family and friends (photographically speaking) just for keep-sake. As Ansel says, "Aids to memory".
    Money is not the problem. The problem is, I don't have any.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My father recently passed away and we found his old Fujica 35 ML with a roll of Kodak Plus-X pan in it, exposed. I'd like to try and develop it myself but am new to darkroom work, having taken two basic classes - just built my own darkroom in the basement. I've been using Sprint developer; is there a better recommended combo for this film? Not sure how old it is - I'm guessing the 70's - there is a DIN number on the outside. The Massive Development Chart does have recommendations - but since the film is old should I use the times listed?
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

Thanks for any assistance. I also posted on photo.net's Classic forum.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You probably can't go too far wrong. I'd just develop it straight using what is familiar to you, see what you get, and fix any contrast problems at the printing stage.

You could do a clip test, but given that this is just one roll of film, it might not tell you much--that you need a restrainer? a little more development time? how much? requires another clip test, and every clip test usually involves losing a frame.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin