Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,958   Posts: 1,586,112   Online: 1159

Thread: old view camera

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

old view camera

I found an old view camera at an antique shop. Closer inspetion showed it to be smaller than a 4x5, maybe 3x4 that took film. I didn't get a model number but I believe it is made by kodak. It had a few holders. Price was $75.00 Anyone know anything about these, is this a good deal. Lens looked like it worked. Thanks - Jim

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are hundreds of different ones!

Film sizes are a bit less variable - there's only about six possibilities in that range...

Picture, please - and then we can all guess

But $75 for a camera with holders, lens and a working shutter is not bad.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I once read that Ansel Adams used a Kodak camera that was 6 1/2" x 8 1/2" and I know that there are many different sizes between 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 and 4x5. I'd love to see some pics!

- Randy

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Zeiss Jewell I believe it was?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $75 is not bad for a view camera, especially for one with a lens and a holder. It's probably 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 like mentioned earlier, although I do believe there was another format inbetween there ...

If you buy it, make sure that you check the aperature iris and the shutter, as they sometimes tend to be faulty on old cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Boy, there were many hundreds of view cameras made over the last 125 years, primo, kodak, ansco, the list goes on and one, with out a model or a name, it would be difficult to identify it, even a couple of pictures would go a long ways twords identification, if it is in good shape and the bellows seem good, I would say that it would be a good buy at $75, but without seeing or knowing, it is still hard to say.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    here's a nice site with many older cameras. It might be in here.

http://www.fiberq.com/cam/index.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin