Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,182   Online: 637

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve -

As you know, I didn't make it there. I wish I'd known you were looking for darkroom stuff, as there is almost never any quantity of that at these shows.

Jonathan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Those same shows run in the Chicago area. We have two or three guys that specialize in darkroom stuff. When they show up it's a very dangerous time because they are always selling at bargain basement prices. Why they don't sell on ebay is beyond me. (I'm still mad at myself for passing on a Omega E6 (5x7),Omega cold light head, 2 good lenses, neg holders and a paper safe for $150) I screwed up.

But if any of those guys don't show up, it can be a pretty dull show.

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Funny that this thread should have come to life today.

There's another "Philadelphia" show in Trevose this Sunday (6/4) if the postcard Photorama sent me and the listing on Photorama's site are to be believed. I'll go, am not hopeful that I'll find much tempting.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm thinking of coming up for this - They only do the show like this outside DC once or twice a year it looks like now. Anyone want to organize a meet-up at the show? It would be cool to meet some more of the folks from here in person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't feel like organizing, will be there at opening, I hope. Just another guy with trifocals, grey hair and beard. Recent haircut, so fairly trim, and not as fat as I used to be, either.

If I can find it I suppose I'll wear my Cinema Beaulieu t-shirt.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    "Lazarus, Lazarus, come forth !"

Hell of a way to resurrect an old post ! Anyway, sorry guys, but I won't be making the show tomorrow, as I have to work 'till 8am tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before Ebay these types of affairs were pure gold for trading and finding anything in any format. In Omaha we still have 2 each year but nowadays the pickings can be pretty slim unless you are looking for 35mm gear or well worn used MF kits. But I still go with the idea that I really don't know what I might need untill I see it sitting on a table. The last two bargains, a very nice Seal drymount press for 75$ and three sets of developing trays (11x14, 16x20 and 20x24) that I paid $25 for the whole lot.

One interesting development at the last one was vendors selling older versions but new in box scanners, printers and digital cameras. At the next one I hope to pick up a scanner so I can start posting some work.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Steve, it is Sunday, not Saturday. And you're right, the timing is very strange.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim, I went with low expectations.

Came home with a lens I think I can resell for enough profit, to cover admission; a lens that I've been meaning to get to try out; and a 2x3 Crown Graphic with Graflok AND 105/3.7 Ektar. I have to take the focusing panel apart to see if it was made for fresnel -- no fresnel there now -- and the lens is in a broken shutter -- all timed speeds are the same -- but the price was very very right.

So much for expectations.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Jim, I went with low expectations.
    Unlike March, I made it to this show, too (didn't tell SWMBO I was going, just up and went on the way home from church........... she never noticed.) Similarly wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised by a Zeiss Contina II in good cosmetic and functional condition for the right price -- it followed me home. :rolleyes: Also saw a nice Pentax SV which I would have bought if I hadn't found the Contina.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin