Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,121   Online: 968

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lachlan: Just buy it, figure it out and let us know. And tell us how much water of the gods was required to make it work.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Don't bet on it being quarter plate, I've got a half-plate Lancaster Instantograph and I'm pretty sure they went past full plate.

I would guess that it a dual bulb diffusion light source - a bulb on each side with maybe an opal glass diffusion plate in front of each, maybe a mirror, to try an eliminate the hotspot a single bulb gives on a large neg... Somebody email the guy for a picture of the inside...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dunno mate, still, I might buy it to be buried in when the time comes.

Images
    It says that the lens is 4". So the negative size must be 1/8 plate or smaller. Probably enlarges to a fixed size paper. It's "autofocus" because it's fixed focus. The early Leica enlargers were just long boxes with a negative holder on one end, a paper holder on the other, and a fixed lens between - the light source was whatever you wanted to use (the sun?).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin