Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,935   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Multi Format

Korona II 5x7 any info?

I have a leather cased 5x7 'korona II "-with a Gundlach triple (I think) 17 1/2 ----12 1/2 and ? . there are 3 f stop scales inscribed . there are 2 patents on the brass lens -1900 and 1901 . anyone give me an idea about this camera ... the holders with it are of course pretty old .but the older thinner wood - sided guys . a very pretty camera .. functional with todays holders? or can the older holders be retaped etc? thanks
    barry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The following link is to a copy of the 1900 Korona catalog that has information on the Series II cameras and lenses. Your holders may be retaped, however, check them to see if they are for plates or film, and if for plates, whether film inserts are present. I don't have any 5x7 holders, but if you post the dimensions to a large format forum someone can tell you if current holders are compatible. Before acquiring film, check the bellows for leaks, clean the glass, and see if the shutter is operating consistently. I hope that it is functional - a 2 lb 5x7 with three focal length lenses designed for cycling (get a handlebar mount).

http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/...na/korona.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Silvercat,
    that's just what I was looking for . all is fine except the pneumatic shutter doesn't open with the attached bulb -cla needed I'm sure
    thanks again
    have a good day
    barry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Barry, I can't speak to that specific Korona but I have seen many Korona's in use with modern lenses and film holders. From a quick look my guess is tht it can easily be sued with modern film holders as is or with very minor modifications. Suggest you send it off to Richard Ritter for a once over and any small mods needed (www.lg4mat.com).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ted ,
    that's next on my hit list --It's such a nice little camera -It'll be nice to use .
    have a nice day and thanks again .
    barry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin