Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,453   Online: 1021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

ward robe advice, Ciro-Flex arrived!

Got myself a pristine Ciro-Flex, complete with manual and the awesome flash.....need to get into period costume and hit the streets....thinking of recording emotional reactions to the visual.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My suggestion is subtle plaid bermuda shorts, black socks and dress shoes, one of those straw old guy hats... and a pipe.
    Good luck with the Ciro-flex. Too bad you can't load it with Super-XX.
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bresler
    bermuda shorts, black socks and dress shoes
    The old Snuffy Smith cartoon strip would periodically portray "flat land touristers" dressed in this manner with cameras around their necks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whats your suit size? I'll raid my vintage clothing and see what I can find. Oh yeah, and you need a gaudyass necktie.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You need either a sombrero or a lens shade with that camera. I cut the top off a medicine bottle. (Actually I think it was a vitamin bottle) And sanded it a little bit to slide over the lens. Nice cheap shade.

art

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you really want to make a retro impression, try a 4x5 Graphic!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Dave, I have one of these babies too, and like to take it out once in a while. Haven't nailed the costume thing down yet, but I like to use it to take shots of old things. My camera came from a collector in Vancouver, and I just recently got an original leather case, box and manual for $12 from a guy in Texas. Enjoy!
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to take the Speed Graphic to swing dances, but it is X-synched, not M. Anybody have a suggestion?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear DBP,

Stick a small electronic flash (I used a 1-cell Olympus) in the middle of your Kalart, MPP, whatever. With HP5 in DD-X (ISO 650) you have to focus more carefully than with a big bulb, but it gives 'the look'. Or subscribe to Ilford's offer to cut Delta 3200 in LF and you can still use f/11.

Cheers,

Roger (www.rogerandfrances.com)

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger,

I'm honored by the reply, but, in addition to the photographic effects, I'm going for the authentic effect of actually using bulbs around people in 40s clothing listening to Big Bands. It just doesn't seem right to use something as modern as electronic flash. But I will keep that in mind when all I want is the effect of the big reflector. If I use the rear shutter, what shutter speeds would work with a bulb (press 5, 25 or maybe a 22 if I feel like scaring the heck out of people)? I don't really have any FP bulbs.

DBP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin