Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,987   Posts: 1,524,042   Online: 966

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

An ambrotype I scored off ebay

Ain't she purty?

It is a sixth-plate tinted ambrotype in an excellent thermoplastic case. Subject and photographer unknown.

I think these images are so precious. Gives me something to aspire to in my wetplate work ...

Joe
    Last edited by smieglitz; 09-10-2006 at 09:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice catch Joe! I have a couple of smaller ones. It is good to see it complete as the covers are often missing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sweet Joe, really nice looking look at the past. Those guys knew a thing or two about what they were doing. Good to see so many interested in keeping these safe as well as following the tradition.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That one is in great shape. As someone else pointed out it is difficult to find these without some sort of damage to the case or the image itself. It's nice to have these come into the hands of folks who appreciate the craft and skill that went into such an image.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin