Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 804

Thread: Score

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Score

I recently came across two things that made my day--both incredible scores that I thought I would share. They aren't collectibles or antiques per se, but it's all about the hunt, right?? Anyway, the first thing was an ad for someone with some expired 8x10 film--very few details in the ad. I contacted them and was happy to find they were giving it away! I ended up with about 125-150 sheets of 8x10 color print and reversal film for free! It was just the kick in the pants that I needed to finally make an 8x10 pinhole camera idea that I've been kicking around for a few years. I was super happy about that, when I came across another ad for some Polaroid film. I called and went to go get it, not entirely sure what I was buying...I knew that it was Polaroid 669 and it was cheap. What I ended up with was 48 1/2 boxes of Polaroid 669 (that's 970 beautiful pieces of pure Polaroid joy) and a Polaroid 203 camera, used about 5 times...all for $80! This made me see that there is something positive about the big digital switch-over, good deals galore on "crappy old film"!
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm happy too - just got a Voigtländer Heliar 240mm f:4.5 for 60 Euros.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    I'm happy too - just got a Voigtländer Heliar 240mm f:4.5 for 60 Euros.
    Oh...Ole, that's just bragging .... Seriously, congratulations on a good find.
    Mike C

Rambles

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin