Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,878   Online: 971

Thread: Flash sheets

Shooter
    Multi Format

Flash sheets

I recently got into possesion of an envelope of Eastman Kodak flash sheets as part of a camera outfit. These flash sheets appear to be a primitive form of "lighting".

The envelope describes it as "a powerful actinic light for flash photography". The warnings sound a bit discouraging in terms of safety: "...always stand at arms length...use a match held in a split stick at least two feet long...highly flammable...avoid premature ignition..."

Now for the big question: how should I store this stuff, as I don't want to inadvertently "light" my house with it (but I do want to keep them for historical matters).

Thanks,
    Chris
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's one of the methods used before the introduction of the flash bulb. There was a holder they went in. The photographer would get everything set up and focused, pull off the lens cap and light that thing. A gigantic flash of light would ensue, then everyone would choke on the smoke and fumes. It puts out a whole lot of light and is still used, in an updated form, for some technical work. Store in original packaging in a dry place, and it should be good for another hundred years.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin