Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,692   Online: 739

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

OLD camera's Are still Great!

Only goes to prove that Old cameras are not dead, Here are two shot's from my Zeiss Ikon 35mm Pantar 45mm F2.8 Contina # 529/24 also have the 30mm and the 75mm lens for it: I used Ultima ISO 100 color negative film some say its not great film??? I like it and what it gave me
    Last edited by seawolf66; 01-13-2008 at 05:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Lauren MacIntosh
    When one's life Ends, then one becomes Life's history !

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf66 View Post
    Only goes to prove that Old cameras are not dead, Here are two shot's from my Zeiss Ikon 35mm Pantar 45mm F2.8 Contina # 529/24 also have the 30mm and the 75mm lens for it: I used Ultima ISO 100 color negative film some say its not great film??? I like it and what it gave me
    Your front component interchangeables and also those for the Contaflex line were designed by Wandersleb of Zeiss. Despite being somewhat ignored today they are all excellent lenses.
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf66 View Post
    Only goes to prove that Old cameras are not dead,
    I couldn't agree more! Great pictures.

These old cameras still have a creative soul in them, just got to get out and use them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Plus they're a great way to meet people. The last time I had my B&J Press out, random Europeans kept asking me what it was and how did I use it. It was great!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasius80 View Post
    Plus they're a great way to meet people. The last time I had my B&J Press out, random Europeans kept asking me what it was and how did I use it. It was great!
    Agreed. I got a lot of smiles using an old Rolleicord while in Austria.
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A few old cameras and their photos...

Carl Zeiss Jena Universal Palmos (1903) with f4.5 Dominar Anastigmat on a Compur shutter

Gundlach Korona View 5x7 (1905-1930's) w/ 7 1/2" Wollensak Raptar on an Alphax shutter

Asanuma King 1 (1940's) w/ f 5.6 150mm Fuji Fujinon on a Seiko shutter

Rolleicord Art Deco (1935)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I walk around with a 1950s TLR and get looks from a lot of people. This is from a 1950s Diacord (L? G?)
    Last edited by IloveTLRs; 01-23-2008 at 08:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Buckhead Plaza, Atlanta, GA, USA - shot with the little Voigtlander Brillant on the right of the photo. Love those uncoated lenses!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I realize this is a hopelessly outdated concept in post-post modernism, but I certainly prefer, when possible, to use a beautiful camera constructed by human hands rather than $2.00 worth of plastic surrounding a computer assembled by a robot in a third world country.

You don't have to tell me that I'm not with it- I already know that.

Russ
    who also wants a wooden coffin as his final gesture

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    To me, using this finely designed and made machinery embodies the spirit of people who cared. That's going to come out in the photograph.

I have one of the original Rollei books on using their cameras. The pride of their workmanship shines through. It has tons of good information on photography in general, composition, exposure, etc., yet they do not make it sound like it happens by itself just because you own the camera. It is clear that they are saying "we made the best tool we could, it's up to you to make good use of it, and here are some pointers..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin