Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,510   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rolleiflex Baby (4x4)

A friend of mine gave me one of these last week. Another reason why I love the d****** age! Aside from needing a good wipe with a damp cloth, it is in perfect shape. It came complete with hardshell case and a smaller optional leather case containing what appear to be a number of masks, which I assume allow for a variety of neg sizes? The camera and accessory kits were in original boxes which still had the original price tags. ($149.00 for the camera). According to the serial number I would guess that it was manufactured around 1961-62. The bonus was that there was a roll of undeveloped film in it, which I had processed this week. Turned out to be Kodak colour slide film (Kodak EIR) with some images of a shoreline taken from a small airplane. According to my friend, his Dad was given the camera by someone who lived in British Columbia, so this could be the Pacific coastline. It is not possible to know when the shots were taken by looking at the frames, but perhaps someone out there knows when this film was produced. I hadn't heard of it before. In the meantime, I've scored some 127 b+w film, and will give this "baby" a workout on the weekend
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are one lucky banana! That's going ot be a fun camera!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    You are one lucky banana! That's going ot be a fun camera!!
    Ditto.

How come all my friends ever give me is agita?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you bringing it to Toronto for the workshops?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    agita
    R U italiano?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice score! It's a fun format.
    "...slow down and start using photography to create an image, not just capture one." b.e.wilson

"Speed kills, Del" Johnny Fever

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    R U italiano?
    I am, in part. I am wholly of NYC - where a day w/o agita is like a day w/o....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    A friend of mine gave me one of these last week. Another reason why I love the d****** age! Aside from needing a good wipe with a damp cloth, it is in perfect shape. It came complete with hardshell case and a smaller optional leather case containing what appear to be a number of masks, which I assume allow for a variety of neg sizes? The camera and accessory kits were in original boxes which still had the original price tags. ($149.00 for the camera). According to the serial number I would guess that it was manufactured around 1961-62. The bonus was that there was a roll of undeveloped film in it, which I had processed this week. Turned out to be Kodak colour slide film (Kodak EIR) with some images of a shoreline taken from a small airplane. According to my friend, his Dad was given the camera by someone who lived in British Columbia, so this could be the Pacific coastline. It is not possible to know when the shots were taken by looking at the frames, but perhaps someone out there knows when this film was produced. I hadn't heard of it before. In the meantime, I've scored some 127 b+w film, and will give this "baby" a workout on the weekend
    No doubt you have discovered its "amusing" features, such as the shutter released interlocked with the viewing hood (has to be open to fire the shutter) and the MXV lever interlocked with a small pushbutton under the taking lens at the front. I am convinced that many people refused to buy a second-hand bay Rollei after they tried to fire the shutter with the viewfinder closed and concluded it was broken! A neat little camera, though - have fun with it!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No doubt you have discovered its "amusing" features, such as the shutter released interlocked with the viewing hood (has to be open to fire the shutter) and the MXV lever interlocked with a small pushbutton under the taking lens at the front.
    Luckily it came with the original manual, so I was able to avoid breaking the thing before I had a chance to use it
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    PS, if anyone has a lens hood for this "baby" that they are willing to part with, let me know.

J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin