Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,361   Online: 1029

Shooter
    Multi Format

Antiques and slide film

My latest toy arrived last week: it's an Ercona II with a Novonar 110mm f4.5 folder from 1956, making 6x9cm images on 120 film. Price was 45 Euro.
    Nice running shutter, almost clean lens elements and a good bellows. This camera has no rangefinder but is equipped with a guestimeter, labelled from 1.5 meter to 15 meter and infinite.
    Shutter speeds go from 1 second to 1/125 and the aperture ranges f4.5 - 22.

My plan to take it on a trip to France next week and loading it up with Velvia 100 will come true.
    The Novonar is lens is good enough and the color rendition is in simple terms: splendid. No need to go looking for Color Skopar of Color Heliar lenses, though I won't state that they are overrated.

I scanned the 8 slides and put them online here. The only PS applied was auto levels to match the beauty of the slides.
    The image with the Lavender was focussed at 1.5 meter, f22, and shows some vignetting.

for example, our humble mansion:

f16 - 1/100 (yups, the sunny 16 rule!) on Velvia 100, developed in the Tetenal 3-bath kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm. Are you bragging or asking a question? If asking a question, what is it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Hmm. Are you bragging or asking a question? If asking a question, what is it?
    I'm simply bragging. Sorry for that if you don't like it.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice to see someone else using transparency film in old folder cameras. The oldest I use is a 1935 AGFA Jsolette that allows 6x4.5 and 6x6. The only thing to check is to be sure the shutter speeds are somewhat close to the markings, then exposures should be fine.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm waiting to send off some slide film I put through my Brownie No.2 Model F - c. 1920 box camera. Should be interesting - 6x9 slides! I'll have to try out some 35mm slide film sometime in my little Finetta 88 as that has a bit more variables as far as shutter speeds go. Finetta 88 is very similar in it's "guesstimeter" but I've found I'm a lot more accurate in judging distances than I ever thought before!

Shooter
    35mm
    Sound like someone who is happy to be trying something new and wants to share!

Well done. Take loads of photos on your trip and share some more!
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Okay I'm going to gloat too. My Brownie slides came back and they're awesome
    http://www.stargazy.org/photos/dorset-trans/
    http://www.stargazy.org/photos/matlockbath-trans/ (ignore the blurriness of the people shots. I think I've decided the proper focusing distance for the Brownie is somewhere along the lines of 15ft away from the camera). 06-08 have strange vignetting/reflections due to me shooting from a sidewindow of a cable car.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Big negative, easy to carry camera!

I regularly shoot colour slide film in my old folders. 6x6 slides do look nice, 6x9s even better still. I have also shot some 9x12cm slide film in my '37 Zeh Zeca.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin