Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,452   Online: 1030

Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617182262 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i shot a little bit yesterday with a pen ft,
    but lately i have been shooting with a no camera at all

john
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Today, for the first time ever, I put my Rolleicord on a tripod! I took it out late in the afternoon (just after sunset) which meant some long exposures (between 15 and 60 seconds). I have just processed the film and it looks o.k. Pictures to be posted soon.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had a few cameras sitting around for awhile with unfinished rolls inside. So I took them all for a walk today and shot them out.

Quite an odd medley:

Nikon N80
    Canonet QL25
    Fuji Pet 35
    Agfa Optima I
    Ricoh Auto Shot

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..... my recently purchased for £0.20 Ilford Sporti 6. Unfortunately it seems like it was worth every penny (just) and will now be modified into something else (most likely just a pile of bits).

Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    ..... my recently purchased for £0.20 Ilford Sporti 6. Unfortunately it seems like it was worth every penny (just) and will now be modified into something else (most likely just a pile of bits).

Steve
    Ah we have one of those.. shutter on it is dodgy and its design has confused me to the point I can't open it up to get to the shutter to clean it or oil it.
    The original plain ol' Sporti is lovely though (and easy to get to the shutter to fix up).
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Does yours work o.k. on 1/100 but half opens on 1/50? If so, it's due to the spring losing some springiness (is that a word?). I took mine apart earlier to see what was happening.

I am now considering either putting another lens from a defunct folder onto it or converting it to pinhole. With its slightly curved film plane (probably to compensate for its simple two element lens) pinhole might be the more sensible option.

Having now turned the lens/shutter assembly of mine into a collection of parts I can pass on the secret of dis-assembly: If you prise off the front label (the bit that says Dacora and Sporti 6) you will find one very small screw. Undoing this allows you to unscrew the front (and only) element completely. This will now uncover three screws which, once removed will give you access to the shutter mechanism. You will see a spring at the top which controls the shutter. The speed dial alters the amount of spring applied. A bit of work with some pliers slightly shortening the spring should give you two useable speeds though what they will now be is anyone's guess!

I really liked the portability of this camera and could live with just having 1/100s and a range of f8 to f16 but it gave me pictures with 2/3 of the frame sharp but the left 1/3 was blurred.

Oh well, that's 20p wasted. Just think what I could have bought with it instead!

Is your 'plain ol' Sporti' for 120 film or 35mm. When I got this one I assumed it was 35mm until I took the back off and found a 120 spool).

Steve.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 01-27-2008 at 04:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The Sportis were mostly 120 film (the Sporti 4 was 127 film, the tiny 120 film ) so yes mine are medium format/120 - if you want 35mm, you want an Ilford Sportsman of some variety. They're also very cheap on ebay if you want to try one. I was considering trying the sticker bit but I am not always brave about poking around on cameras plus mine was about 80p more than your's I might make it my pet project this week to try to get it working. Check my gallery for examples from the original Sporti - 'Chimney Pots' and 'Kircauldy's Desk' were both taken with an original Sporti.

edit: poked around with mine and no it doesn't work. also it didn't have a screw it was just a little metal pin/rod that I pushed into the camera to get it to release (and put it back together by shoving the pin back in). I give up on that sporti... Strangely the sporti4 I have has perfect shutterspeeds but I don't have 127 film and it has no adjustable exposure whatsoever.
    Last edited by Akki14; 01-27-2008 at 05:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This weekend I dragged myself from my sickbed (miserable cold) to shoot some with my Mamiya C220. We had sunshine for a brief period, so...

If things work out, I'll have some more slides to project on my new (to me) MF projector .

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Deardorff 5x7 w/ a 4x5 back on it. It's the only camera I've been shooting for the last 3 weeks, but I just developed some neglected Yashicamat negs and now I'm planning on getting some more 120 soon!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Old TLR

Took out my [old] Tlr made by Richter Reflex co. its called Trumpfrelex which was named that way so as to be sold via sear and roebuck co. It came thru looking likes itrs brand new on the outside but needs a little tlc to check things out ! Lenses are triolar seem to be all right : foto of camera and foto's from it: foto one shot at about F-16 foto two shot about F-8 !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _MG_6203 (Medium).jpg   Untitled-1 copy.jpg   Untitled-2 copy (Medium).jpg  
    Last edited by seawolf66; 01-31-2008 at 09:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot info
    Lauren MacIntosh
    When one's life Ends, then one becomes Life's history !

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin