Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,792   Online: 767

Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 123456789101454 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    I seem to be the only selenium-cell shooter. I realize most of the meters are dead by now, but if you found a camera from this era that was safely stored in its case, many times the meter is still active. The selenium cell era was quite interesting.
    I use a Sekonic Studio Deluxe that I bought new just several years ago. When I picked it up, the young camera store sales person tried to sell me batteries for it
    The only selenium meter camera that I ever used was a Contax "Cyclops".
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sunday I shoot a roll of black and white film in a Pentax MZ5n using a Pentax digital lens. Not sure what type of film it was as brother-in-law gave me his old film including an unlabeled bulk load of Ilford ? so I thought seeing as would be developing it anyways to see what kind of film it was might as well check out how much coverage the 16-45 zoom gave on the full frame. Not only did I get that unknown Ilford but also a small bulk load of FP4+, one roll of Panatomic-X some rolls of HP5 and about ten rolls of exposed film that I offered to develop for him.
    By the way I exposed the film at ISO 250 to make sure I got images. It had to be either HP5 or FP4

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A Kodak disposable (for the Let's all shoot one camera Part 4 project)
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up an Agfa Jsolette, yes I know that J is really supposed to be an I.

I think this is a pre-war model as it has the J and has 2 flaps inside for a 6x4.5 mask along with a little lever to mask the viewfnder for 6x4.5.

Anyhow, I ran roll of film through it and the results were quite pleasing.
    I am pretty amazed that a 70 year old camera can still work so well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post

So far, only one TLR shooter. Thought they'd be more popular. In the past year I have gone out with a SEM, Rolleimagic, Mamiyaflex, and Flexo, among others in my collection.

I'm a weekend warrior when it comes to TLRs: they're not well suited for sticking my bag on weekdays

I've got a Primoflex, Walzflex and Ricohflex. Great for B&W but there's nothing like the look of fresh 6x6 slides
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting . . . I also have a 1937 AGFA Jsolette, and mostly shoot with it in 6x4.5 configuration. Mine has been with me for the last four years, a gift from a friend of mine. They are somewhat rare, even if not super desirable. I had to patch the leather bellows on mine with T-shirt printing ink, but it has held up well enough to shoot transparency film in it.

Currently running a 1935 Wirgin Edinex through the paces after a partial restoration. While not an easy camera to use, it is enjoyable. I hope the images come out nicely.

Recently machined a Linhof board so I could mount an old lens onto my 4x5 and try some portraits. That lens is now my oldest of old gear, an 1853 Holmes, Booth & Haydens 1/4 plate lens (just covers 4x5 at ∞, fine at portrait distances). I will hopefully get to try this one soon.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Kodak Brownie Reflex with 127 Efke R-100
    Deardorff 8x10 with the last of my Arista Pro 125 (Ilford FP-4+)
    Speed Graphic pre-Anniversary 5x7 with Ilford HP-5+
    and if I get around to it...
    Nikon F2 with privately labelled Agfa APX-100
    Rolleiflex T with Kodak VP
    Off on sabbatical will be:
    12x20 Folmer & Schwing Banquet (the really big tripod needs some parts)
    Gowland 8x10 Aerial with Kodak T-max 400 (waiting for the next full moon)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Meopta Flexaret IV, first time use and they results look great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Over the past couple of weeks or so:
    - Pentacon 6TL
    - Certo Six folder
    - Canon AE-1

Just got the shutter sorted on my YashicaMat LM, so that will be next.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blame it on number of "senior moments", the recent eclipse or some other incomprehensible occurance, but....

Within the last two months, I've purchased both a new Canon DSLR, two old Kiev rangefinders and a couple of Russian-made Leica thread-mount lenses to use (with adapters) on my M6 bodies. I'll be using all of the above ASAP.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin