Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,888   Online: 934

Shooter
    Large Format

Voigtlander Daguerrotype Camera lens

I recently discovered a chamfered box Daguerrotype camera with the original Voigtlander lens (number 439) that had all of the optical elements removed. Knowing the value and importance of the camera and the lens, I have been searching high and low for anything about the design and construction of the lens and have not been able to find any information about it. If anyone knows of someone that could help repair this lens or were to find the information on what the elements are I would love to have the information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dag camera small.jpg   lens small.jpg  
    Last edited by Radioiron; 10-10-2007 at 06:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most likely a Petzval design portrait lens. The link I post is in French, though it shows the layout of elements. Unfortunately, without the optics it would be tough to re-create it. You might try to find another Voigtländer lens from that same era. While they are rare, they do turn up on occaission.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin