Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,165   Online: 1052

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks. I must have been thinking of Optimus. Was Primus a Beck name - since you have VM available?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like Primus Beck was a trade name only and not a part of the company name R & J Beck

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

Darlot/Jamin casket

just got one...

But I don't know anything about it. The VM doesn't mention a lot (just "several"), and the one description is dated much later than this one must be, as the Jamin name is written on it.

Original case - "secret" compartment in the lid where the original flange and a front plate was hiding..

beautiful condition.
    Compleate as I can tell.

on the lens is written "B" and "PORTRAIT" - on the base of the barrel it says "A".

I am almost sure the Portrait "mode" is a petzval...

6 extra lenses to combine - 8 waterhouse stops.

Anybody know about this kind of set?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0025.jpg   DSC_0030.jpg   DSC_0032.jpg   DSC_0033a.jpg   DSC_0036.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post

just got one...

But I don't know anything about it. The VM doesn't mention a lot (just "several"), and the one description is dated much later than this one must be, as the Jamin name is written on it.

Original case - "secret" compartment in the lid where the original flange and a front plate was hiding..

beautiful condition.
    Compleate as I can tell.

on the lens is written "B" and "PORTRAIT" - on the base of the barrel it says "A".

I am almost sure the Portrait "mode" is a petzval...

6 extra lenses to combine - 8 waterhouse stops.

Anybody know about this kind of set?
    Wow! That's the sweetest casket set I've ever seen bar none! Does the piece that says portrait effectively lengthen the barrel, ie. when it's in Portrait (petzval) mode, it has that piece to make the barrel longer, and when it's in regular mode with some of the aplanat components, the barrel is shorter?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    Wow! That's the sweetest casket set I've ever seen bar none! Does the piece that says portrait effectively lengthen the barrel, ie. when it's in Portrait (petzval) mode, it has that piece to make the barrel longer, and when it's in regular mode with some of the aplanat components, the barrel is shorter?
    hi Jim.
    yes, I think so, but I have to check it closer... I'll get back asap..

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    hi again:
    just checked, and yes, the markings "Portrait" is actually a part of the petzval parts - and that makes the portrait longer than in "landscape" mode...

the 5 cells (beautifully made!!) have numbers on them:

F:11
    F:17
    F:27
    F:38
    F:38

the sixth one looke slightly different - has no numbers, and looks like a cell to be put at the back of the barrel (?)

8 watehouse stops with the numbers:

2-5-6-7-12-15-18-29 (maybe millimeters? the biggest numbers has the biggest hole)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have 3 casket sets, two of which will cover 4x5 and 5x7. The third is a puzzler. No brand name, bayonet mount, waterhouse stops (has a complete set in the original purple-leather-lined case!), and 6 elements. I am having a flange made for it right now so have not been able to test it. I do know that the barrel is labeled No 6 which I hope means it will cover 8x10, as my other sets are No 3. Each element is paired with a sleeve numbered 2,3,4, and 5. Numbers 6 and 7 have no sleeve and appear to be for the back of the lens since they are gunmetal grey and the other parts are shiny brass. They are nearly 6cm in diameter, so quite large, and no indication of focal length. Of course no instructions.

Anyone care to speculate? And does anyone think it may cover 8x10?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin