Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,836   Online: 801

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    I believe he is the ultimate Nikon F collector!
    Yes, he has a few there!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I seldom use 35mm, but when I do, I pull out the old F. A great camera. I particularly like to use it when photographing bands. It attracts a lot of attention from the crowd - in much the same way that driving a nice antique car does.
    juan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes, I routinely use my F, bought from a pawn shop in Manassas many years ago. It came with an FTn head, which I replaced with a prism finder I bought in a shop for $90 -- not a bad price. There's just something so solid about the F -- different from my FE2, FM2 and Nikkormat FT3. Put an early 50mm f/1.4 on it, and there you go -- a great shooter.

I collect (and regularly use) the following mint condition cameras: F with F36 drive, F2AS/MD2, F3HP/MD3, F4s. My favorite in order is F2 (first), F3 (second) F4 (3rd).

There is nothing like the Nikon prime's....I have the 20/2.8 (?), 50/1.2, 85/1.4, 105/2.5 and 135/1.4 (I think its that--its really fast) and the 180F2.8. Those lenses with those cameras are great.

I probably use one each week--I sort of rotate them around.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have an F in great shape I bought used around 10 years ago. I keep it handy around the house, loaded with Plus-X. I usually keep the 50 mm f1.4 on it but also have several other Nikkor primes I use regularly on it. It still makes awesome images. And as others have already said, it's a conversation starter.

Having it in hand as I walk through sketchy parts of town lends a sense of security - it would make a great weapon if needed.

I'd like to get another, also an F2 at some point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an F with the 67 block. It came with the Photomic FTn that still works, but I use it with an F2 plain prism.

Craig
    digital is only good for computers & telephones NOT for photography & music

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have 2 Nikon Fs that belonged to my Dad. It was finding the key to the trunk that his camera gear was stored in that got me taking Photography classes a little over a year ago. There's something special about using an F, especially one that belongs to my Dad, it takes me back to a time when craftsmanship was the key to a business plan not planned obsolescence. For 35mm I mainly switch back and forth between the Fs and the F3s.
    Last edited by RoNinHeart; 02-12-2008 at 11:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ronin

"Place your clothes and [cameras] where you can find them in the dark.”
    with apologies to Robert Heinlein

Shooter
    35mm
    I dusted off my old F and changed the batteries in my FTN finder. The needle is moving much quicker now (I think the batteries it had were almost dead). I compared the meter to readings taken with my F100 set to center weight and they are metering the same! Tomorrow I will taking the old F to the zoo together with a few lenses (24mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4 and 105mm 2.5) to get some family portraits of my daughters. It will be interesting to be the "different" one for a change (no large digi-anchor with lens). All I need now is to defrost a few rolls of TriX and Fuji Astia 100F!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can see the "F" sub-category being started at Apug now....

Time to go count my pennies..
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I can see the "F" sub-category being started at Apug now....

Now there's an idea...!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin