Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,379   Online: 890

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    I took this shot yesterday with my F (FTN metering prism), Nikkor 50mm 1.4 AIS. Funny thing about this is that as I was scanning this image of a Ford Edsel, my Epson 4870 flatbed scanner died. This scanner has been nothing but a headache since I purchased it a few years ago. I wonder if it was the curse of the Edsel that finally did it in?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't think it was the Edsel curse. I think the Epson realized that it was a cheap piece of crap compared to the Nikon F and the Edsel and there was no way it could hope to still be in use in 50 years. So it threw in the towel.

I have a soft spot for old cameras and cars.
    Ronin

"Place your clothes and [cameras] where you can find them in the dark.”
    with apologies to Robert Heinlein

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNinHeart View Post
    I don't think it was the Edsel curse. I think the Epson realized that it was a cheap piece of crap compared to the Nikon F and the Edsel and there was no way it could hope to still be in use in 50 years. So it threw in the towel.

I have a soft spot for old cameras and cars.

I don't think my Epson is even 5 years old yet! In dog and computer years that's almost half a century though!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin