Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,618   Online: 741

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No.2 Brownie

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a brownie No. 2 Model B, last patent date 1909. By the end of this year, I'll have it fully restored and next year will be shooting with a 100-year-old camera. Restoration actually hasn't been a chore, since it was in fine shape when I bought it. Just a sticky shutter left to clean.

I won't actually use the wooden take up reel when I use film in it.
    Jeff Polaski
    "A full-time job seriously interferes with photography."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Be gentle to the Model Bs... that carrier inside is only thin cardboard and a few bits of wood and metal. The velvet edges give a cute and interesting frame to your images
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, after someone pointed it out on another forum, I went and bought this (Kodak Pocket 3a partial bellows/lens/shutter attached to a 2a).

Not quite a box camera any more, but it sure looks interesting It's in my possession at the moment - in very good shape for a camera of that age. Film loading is awkward - you have to unclip the shutter/lens mechanism (where it would normally unclip to collapse on a folder) and remove it from the front of the camera to get the back off.

I haven't tested it yet to see if the focus scale is anywhere near accurate.

In any event, shooting with this should be fun The shutter sounds great (Kodak Ball Bearing) and the glass is crystal clear (Kodak Anistigmat 170mm f/6.3).
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin