Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,988   Online: 846

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Marc, the Canadian who sells on eBay as wideangleman is, to be polite, a wild-eyed raver. He doesn't understand much about the lenses he offers or he lies shamelessly. I fear both may be true.

Do you know Bob Monaghan's MF site? He's posted a couple of articles there about hacking inexpensive 400 mm and longer "telephoto" lenses sold for 35 mm cameras. Many of them have cemented doublet achromats at the front that will form an image. And in fact some so-called tele lenses, e.g., the Century 500/5.6 Tele Athenar II I sold a couple of years ago, are simply a cemented achromat at the front of a long tube. Long focus, not telephoto at all.

Cheers,

Dan
    Dan,

I guess 'wideangleman' is going to go through with the auction. He also wants $31 for shipping. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link to Bob Monaghan's site. I used to use his old site years ago and thought it was dead. Interesting about the Century 500/5.6 Athenar II. That was a pretty expensive lens, as were the other Century lenses.

Marc

Shooter
    35mm
    i have an exacta vx and im having problems with it, can someone please help me out???
    when im trying to take pictures the film won't keep rolling its just stays put and i'm overlaping my pictures!
    e-mail: beccabrecama@gmail.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin