Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,410   Online: 1048

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Got an FS Mirror Source?

I need to replace one in my newly aquired Rolleiflex Standard. The suppliers I've found need to sell me enough material for 20-30 of them. I don't really want to go into mirror retailing, just get one and perhaps a spare.

Maybe a Rollei buff here can tell me if the replacement mirrors offered on the *Bay for later models will fit the older Standards. My old mirror measures
    48mm and 28mm on the parallel sides, the distance between those sides is
    54mm, and the two converging sides are 55mm. It seems to be 1mm or so thick. Thanks in advance for the help!

Jo

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best bet is normally Edmund Optical. I have also heard the suggestion that the cheaper Polaroid integral film cameras are good sources.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was a post about Rollei mirrors a few months ago, they were remarkably inexpensive. Someone should be able to post the link, it WASN'T Edmund Optical.

Try a Forum search.

Ian

Shooter
    Pinhole
    1) Surplus Shed had some Eastman Kodak ones for a couple dollars, but even with a flat rate ship fee of only $5, you might want to find some other intriguing item there. You still have to cut it.

2) Local thrift store: Polaroid 600 series cameras have a trapezoidal mirror that, I'm guessing, is roughly a 3"x4" trapezoid. The Polaroid Instant sticker-sized camera (about 2"x2"x8") has one about 1"x1.5". No shipping fee there.

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The mirrors mentioned were the proper Rollei mirrors

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin