Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,650   Online: 1146

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Folding plate cameras

do 9x12cm folding plate cameras use standardized filmholders or does this depend on brands? I'm interested in an old Zeiss folding plate camera (because they go cheap) but in most cases there doesn't seem to be any filmholders with them, are they easy to come by or is it better to skip this. I'm planning to use it.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The plate holders made for my Russsian-made Fotokor 9X12 fit and look similar to those made for the German-made 9x12s. A "Rollex" roll film adapter which looks to have been made for the German made folding 9x12s fit the Fotokor nicely.
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are quite a few different plate holders, known by names such as "Universalfalz" and "Millionenfalz" and similar. Even (or especially?) German cameras use many different designs, and for the most part a holder is not compatible with a camera made for a different holder.

The good thing is that Zeiss-compatible holders are fairly easy to find.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Goose View Post
    do 9x12cm folding plate cameras use standardized filmholders or does this depend on brands? I'm interested in an old Zeiss folding plate camera (because they go cheap) but in most cases there doesn't seem to be any filmholders with them, are they easy to come by or is it better to skip this. I'm planning to use it.
    You should be able to find holders (and sheaths) at the camera fairs (beurs) - I got quite a few for my 9x12 from camera shows in Holland and Belgium. Just bring the camera along with you. Usually found in the bargain bins!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin