Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,781   Online: 838

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what are the diamonds on the right side (on the book shelf)?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That looks a little wild. I agree that you may have gotten something back together backwards. Here is a diagram that may help. The cemented doublet is up front of course. Take care that the 2 curviest sections face each other at the rear and the skinniest one is at the very back.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    That looks a little wild. I agree that you may have gotten something back together backwards. Here is a diagram that may help. The cemented doublet is up front of course. Take care that the 2 curviest sections face each other at the rear and the skinniest one is at the very back.
    thanks! that will help me alot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The "diamonds" look like coma to me, but inverted from what I think of as the usual orientation. Could easily be the result of improper reassembly, but could also be present in this lens design to some degree. I'm not an expert.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coma_(optics)

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I reassembled it in the proper order (one of the elements was indeed backwards) and now the gg image looks pretty much normal. I guess I learned my lesson here. When ever dismantling something - write it down

thanks again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    Well, I reassembled it in the proper order (one of the elements was indeed backwards) and now the gg image looks pretty much normal. I guess I learned my lesson here. When ever dismantling something - write it down

thanks again!
    Dorothy,

People who work on telescope lenses also mark the edges of the component lenses so that they can be matched in rotation around the optical axis when reassembled. May not be that important with camera lenses of this vintage, I don't know, but it couldn't hurt.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm climbin' the ladder here guys, I picked up a 5x7 Burke & James portrait camera to go with the darlot lens. And it was dirt cheap. Now we just have to work on the weather. and a 5x7 enlarger! maybe by next year I can catch up to my friends from the Northern Ohio Gathering - but I doubt it. They got some miles on me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin