Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,014   Online: 670

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help - Need To Repair My 620 Junior

Hi all.
    Need to get the winder on my Folding 620 Junior repaired. It doesn't always wind on - wind for ages before it starts again.
    Anybody have suggestions for a repairer in Australia? Sent to my local one and he didn't want to touch it due to the rivets that hold it together.

Thanks.
    Nanette

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    it is sad to say that but unless you can do it yourself it is a kind of “economically non viable”...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by milosz View Post
    it is sad to say that but unless you can do it yourself it is a kind of “economically non viable”...
    Very true, but I had another one serviced and I was happy with the price.
    I wouldn't mind having a go myself either :o, but I'd like to see if I can get it done professionally first.

Anyone have suggestions for a DIY approach?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    good light, tray for parts, set of watchmaker's screwdrivers…service manual would go a long way, one can also use a digital camera to document the process…

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks good starting point for me. Any idea where I could find replacement rivets and a service manual?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i am quite tempted to say that rather nowhere…but who knows...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi,

I have one of those and they are so simple that it is strange that you have problems with winding.
    I only had problems with winding when I used a "modified" 120 spool (cutted the edges of). A modified
    120 spool won't work on these cameras, and after the second shot the camera won't wind easily and
    you are then forcing the simple mecanism. Get a real 620 spool and respool 120 film, then it works
    smoothly.

Another problem I had was that the lens was quite foggy, and it needed a serious cleaning. That was
    an easy repair also, as the three element lens is easy to unscrew. The bellows of my camera were
    perfect also, no holes, no light leaking. The results you can get with this simple camera are amazing,
    as you all know, cameras don't matter.

Regards,

César.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin