Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,313   Online: 822

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll Be glad when My new glass'es get here ya are right I did miss a digit 3030361 that does make difference dag nab it what make me feel more like a Idiot is I even used a magnifying glass [Egg in the face this time] thanks folks

And here I thought I had found an oldie oh well its looks good and works well, it does have the flash sync on it the only thing wrong is the leather handle is falling apart the thread is shot on it ? as they say use it [LOL]
    Last edited by seawolf66; 02-17-2009 at 02:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Lauren MacIntosh
    When one's life Ends, then one becomes Life's history !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf66 View Post
    And here I thought I had found an oldie
    Yeah, I thought I had a 1964 Gibson J-40 acoustic guitar once (the model didn't exist until the 70s). And I hadn't even misread the number---Gibson's serial number chaos leaves any camera manufacturer I know of in the shade.

It does sound like you've got one of the earliest generation of postwar Bessas (Bessae?), anyway. A 62-year-old camera that works well is nothing to sneeze at.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the third photo of the fountain at Park Street. Wonderful images
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf66 View Post
    I'll Be glad when My new glass'es get here ya are right I did miss a digit 3030361 that does make difference dag nab it what make me feel more like a Idiot is I even used a magnifying glass [Egg in the face this time] thanks folks

And here I thought I had found an oldie oh well its looks good and works well, it does have the flash sync on it the only thing wrong is the leather handle is falling apart the thread is shot on it ? as they say use it [LOL]
    ah well, not to worry, these things happen...at least you can say you have the end of an era camera...it took most of the camera makers at least until 49-50 before they could start and resume to introduce new models like the bessa I etc--until then they mostly used the same camera as a base from pre-war..

look on the bright side...if you want a early pre-war camera, now you have an exuse to go hunting [lol]
    Last edited by Anastigmatic; 02-18-2009 at 09:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This conversation had me get out my 1936 version of the Bessa RF with Helomar and Bessa II with Color-Skopar. They don't get used enough. Must do that soon. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found the Voigtlander web site for different models and years made that should give me a little help in knowing which is which , Its the money thats short : [LOL]
    Lauren MacIntosh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool shots!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [Shoot Kodachrome!--Pull that old film camera out of the closet. It is hungry for some Kodachrome! ]

I am waiting for the new Ektar 100 in 120 roll size should be out by april 2009 ??
    Lauren MacIntosh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin