Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,551   Online: 1040

Shooter
    35mm

Company ID please

Although I obviously know what this is,I cannot find any reference (on the net)to the Company that made it.From some of the line drawings in the pamphlet it appears to be from around the 60s-70s.Could it be a 'rebadged' meter?It is very well made and appears to be little used ,I picked it up in charity shop for £6.Any info' would be much appreciated.

Arwyn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't remember the makers, but It looks like an extiction type meter they had in the 1950s, where as far as I remember you compared the grey tone you saw when looking through it with another grey tone that was visable when looking through it, and turned the dial until they matched, then read the exposure setting from there.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Ben,It's not a 'look through' type of meter.It can be hand held as per a normal exposure meter, mounting it on a camera flash shoe is nothing more than gimmicky selling point.It just sits there with no connection to the cameras viewfinder.

Arwyn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't know about the meter - but is the camera in the instruction book an old Ilford Sportsman? Now that takes me back!

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Bob,in the actual pamphlet I think that the lens logo has part of the name 'Chinon',could be wrong.

Arwyn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by veloman View Post
    Bob,in the actual pamphlet I think that the lens logo has part of the name 'Chinon',could be wrong.

Arwyn
    Thanks Arwyn - couldn't quite make it out. Had a flashback anyway

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin