Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,861   Posts: 1,583,169   Online: 745

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

The Nitrate Films Story revealed.

Just to update everyone, I had the rolls of films examined and their content date and location have been identified. They are of the Australian and American war effort in Buna north of Australia in New Guinea 1942/1943 against the Japanese.

Six of the films are specific records detailing remains of the Japanese who perished in combat and also footage of those who did not perish being captured in conflict. The seventh roll half contains aerial surveillance of the location and ground filming of an airfield where there are stockpiles of bombs and other ammunition being transported by trucks to aircraft while the other half of the film is full of poor exposures of planes in they sky and bomb drops from the air though these unlike the rest of the films aren't exposed very well.

The films are prints onto nitrate stock and not the original film that had been shot in camera. More research is needed to determine if this footage belongs to any archive and what rights I have to display their content.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So all those speculations of Japanese committing atrocities are wrong?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i never speculated that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    So, there isn't any on-camera footage of atrocities being committed? By-the-way, your website link from your profile doesn't work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    i never speculated that.
    I think the speculations that AgX is referring to belonged to others, not yourself. Thanks for keeping us posted on the progress of this! It's a very interesting situation you've found yourself in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well thats where,what,and a kinda muddy who and why, that going ok so far. Let us know how things unravel.or unreel.

mike c.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Silber View Post
    I think the speculations that AgX is referring to belonged to others, not yourself. Thanks for keeping us posted on the progress of this! It's a very interesting situation you've found yourself in.
    So now is the speculation a problem when it was solicited in the beginning?

I see; no good deed goes unpunished.

good luck with that.:rolleyes:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i never speculated that.
    The speculation was all ours. Questions remain: were there live images depicting atrocious acts? If so, who was committing them? And upon whom?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think shooting people, blowing them to pieces or burying them but not completely is pretty atrocious but
    war is war its not meant to be nice

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think shooting people, blowing them to pieces or burying them but not completely is pretty atrocious but
    war is war its not meant to be nice
    Stephen, I think there is a certain amount of confusion here because your two posts seem to disagree about what the films are of.

Your original post said
    To my my discovery the films contain Horrific images of mass murder, mutilation and other atrocities. Men having their brains blown out the backs of their heads, men being gutted and left to be eaten by the birds or being buried with only their backsides out of the ground mooning the sky to name a few of the seriously sickening images these films capture of mans dark nature.
    whereas now you say
    Six of the films are specific records detailing remains of the Japanese who perished in combat and also footage of those who did not perish being captured in conflict.
    So I think what some people are curious to know is - which is it?

Do the films record the atrocities being committed as the original post said ('having' their brains blown out, not 'who have had', and 'being gutted' rather than 'who have been gutted' being pretty clear statements that the film records the acts in progress,) or are they recordings of the aftermath as you say in this thread?

Ignoring morbid curiosity, it also puts the whole thing into context and asks very different historical questions (like, if it's the former, what the bloody hell were the allies doing making such films!)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin