Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,850   Online: 940

Shooter
    Medium Format

McKeowns's price list

Just wondering if anyone is curious as to the prices of antique/collectible cameras. I wonder what McKeown's new book will say about prices?? Seems to me that they have really fallen off since his last book came out. The more desirable cameras still seem to fetch a nice price, but many seem to have come down in price?? Any thoughts.

Jorge

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd say prices are going both ways.
    Some cameras jumped up a lot, some fell down.
    It was always the same story, check out the comparison between 1990 and 2005.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A very interesting comparison. I guess the more things change the more they stay the same. I wonder if the digital explosion is mostly bringing down the prices of "user" cameras than the more highly/desirable older cameras, as these would appear to hold their value.

Shooter
    35mm
    Prices of Nikons from the 80s are really nosediving! A mint F5 can hardly fetch 400 euro!
    F3s go for less than 200 euro. One F3/T sold for 285 euro yesterday.
    What's going on, this is insane!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin