Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,006   Online: 764

Thread: Sad Perkeo news

Shooter
    Medium Format

Sad Perkeo news

The Perkeo I just bought had some shutter speed issues, so I sent it to Wolf Umbach (retired Voigtlander employee who still dabbles in CLA and repair of these cameras). I was so excited to get it back, but yesterday got a call from him letting me know that there's a spring missing from the frame counter mechanism, which he can't replace or fix, and he's been unable to get the lens apart (he thinks someone has glued it sealed) to service the shutter. This stinks. Does anyone think there's someone out there that can handle a more difficult repair like this? I know about Jurgen, but I'd rather not go to him. I was hoping there was someone who specialized in Voigtlanders and might have many spare parts/experience with these.

Many thanks.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it would be cheaper to buy another Perkeo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking at the thread title I instantly thought 'oh no, they've discontinued... oh, wait!'

I think your only option is to pick up another Perkeo for parts. And you can't have mine.
    Last edited by flatulent1; 06-06-2009 at 08:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I don't think the spring should be that much of a problem, but if any one has used glue at the wrong place it can be.
    Loosening the glue will require a bit of time and maybe force with the risk of damaging other things.

Getting an other one will be cheaper !

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure how much you are paying to have these cameras looked at, but I have just bought a nice clean Perkeo in good working order for £27 - just over 30 Euros?
    Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ended up buying a new one; haven't received it yet. Perkeo II's in good condition around here go for $150 - $200 on average. Hopefully this one will work out. Still sad about the other one. Not sure if I'll see if it can be fixed or sell it for parts.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't give up without a try at the lens cell with a heat gun. There aren't many glues, including epoxies, that will not soften with heat long before glass and metal will be damaged. Plastics, of course, are a different story. But I've saved a lens cell or two that way. Good luck.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin