Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,952   Online: 792

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Collection vintage camera's

This is a teaser. Coming monday I will pick up a collection of old camera's. It will contain an Agfa clack (my new pinhole camera), an olympus pen. 2 foldable camera's for I think 6x9 and 4x5. Don't know the brand though and more stuff. Also an old bakelyte protable flash with battery.

I'll let you know more next week and post some pics. Can't wait to pick them up.

Peter

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I love finding old cameras. To me, there's something Christmassy about getting into a box of new to me photo-gear and the surprising ways some of these things work just makes it that much more fun.

Good luck

Eli

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    same here. On a regular basis I take pics with an 72 year old Eho Box camera and a agfa clack. Great results. So I love buying new old stuff to try out and see the results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love folding rollfilm cameras. I hope you get something.... tasty;-)
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I got in the collection two Ideal camera's. One Ideal 383 and a smaller version. In pretty good shape. came even with plate holders. I'll post a pic later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok I lied a bit. It is not an Ideal 383 but 385. Here's apic:

It says this on it: ica akt:ges. dresden. To bad it doesn't have a lens But I have an anstigmat lens 150 mm wich should fit I gues.
    Of the smaller camera I can't say if it is the same brand. I will get a pic later from that one. It had a lens but it was broken. The outside metal cover was broken in half and the shutterleaf don't go back quickly. So I would like to try and fix it but don't if it will work. Glass is not clear either. Well it will keep me busy for a while.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would love to see a photo of a flash made out of bakelite! That must be really cool!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been offered a "box full" of "antique cameras", all "with bellows". (the quotes are to indicate how little I have been told about the contents of said box.) The cameras have been stored in a basement and the fellow would rather give them away than have them decay in the damp. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there might be a gem or two in the collection.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Toffle; 08-25-2009 at 12:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ektagraphic I will post a pic real soon. My box contained some nice stuf en some complete rubbish. But the portable flash thingy looked nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not fair!!!!

Where is my box of free goodies?! :o

The Ideal looks really good, shouldn't be difficult to source a lens on eBeeGeeby, if the 150 you have doesn't fit. It might work well with a pinhole, too
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin