Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,383   Online: 882

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Meridian 45CE barn find

I just acquired a very unusual Meridian 45CE. It has 45˚swing and shift that locks with a cammed lever, a front standard that's a wonderful (and aesthetically pleasing) improvement over my 45B. There are numerous other changes as well, such as different focusing rails and bracing.

I've owned the 45B for a year or so and have done a fair bit of Googling about the history but have only found mention of there possibly being a 45C prototype. Anyone know the whole story?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This is what I've recently discovered via the Wayback Machine at web.archive.org: A Mr. Ray Grossman posted in 2001 in the comments after the Meridian 45B article on the Large Format Page that he was the son of one of the principles of the Meridian Instrument Co. He said he owned the only prototype 45C in existence, and that he collected Meridians. Does anyone know if he's still around?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you have given me almost all of the info I have on these cameras and I was only aware of the "A" and "B" models. I would love to see some shots of your new one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also, I inquired about the possible future sale of a Meridian 45B. Sadly, I have not had much time to respond to the email I received, but in said email, he mentioned a user at LF by the name "ivan eberle". I haven't had much luck track this person down, but he is said to be a bit of a history buff on the Meridian cameras.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jody, check your Gmail.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin