Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,438   Online: 825

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help identifing Supre-Tone Film 620

While I was out to lunch today, a customer came in with a Agfa PB-20 w/ Tripor folding camera they bought at a thrift store. I swear I remember it saying "Tripor" rather than "Tripar" and the shutter did not say Plenax. It also only had made by Agfa and not Agfa/Ansco, which is the camera that I found online info about. Not that any of that matters as I need to try and process this film the best I can and with as much knowledge as I can have.

So:

With it was this roll of film. The camera states to use Agfa PB-20 film (Which I am also unfamiliar with), so I am unsure as to what this film is, that I have been given.
    "Supre-Tone" are the only words on the paper.
    I assume from the name that "Supre" must mean Supreme and the word "Tone" would refer to this being a B&W film in 620 format. And color may not have been made yet. This film is not one of the six films listed at "Butkus" as far as I can tell. Maybe someone remembers the little pointing hands on the paper as a trade mark of a company.

On hand, I have Clayton F76+ film developer and Kodak T-Max RS, so if anyone has suggestions on times, I would like to hear them.

Please see pictures, Thank You for your help,
    Jody

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Should I move this into a different forum?
    Last edited by JMC1969; 10-07-2009 at 09:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    The little pointing hands are not a trade mark but were a familiar sight on roll-film backing papers from many different manufacturers. Indeed they may still be used by some today, so that unfortunately doesn't indicate the manufacturer. I've never ever heard of Supre-tone. My guess, and that is all it can be, is that this film is very old, probably at least 50 years old and maybe even pre-World War. If that's right, then the film is more than likely to give very poor results - fogging, spots etc. The further back you go in time the more obscure manufacturers of black & white films there were & I would be fairly confident this would be a black & white film. Best of luck with it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin