Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,831   Online: 965

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Is it OK to throw out photo-antiquities?

As I troll the depths of my photoaccumulation I am finding some items whose value I am seriously doubting. Would the photopowers take offense if I simply discarded items such as this large but old and tatty Kodak ad?

Thanks,

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0315.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A museum would cry big tears over this cruel act.

Marcus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't throw it away, someone might find it. Burn it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you have some old ad pieces, I will gladly take them off your hands. I can scan them and use them for collage work for school. I had considered buying some at a flea market here in town, but they want 10.00-20.00 per page for them. For some reason...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Give them away in the classifieds here, do a good deed. I hate to see stuff like that wind up in the trash, but I'm like that. There's some old tatty maps from 1897 in my bedroom.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't throw them away! The're worth something to somebody.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm

old Kodak Ad

I have a few old box Kodaks of little value (except the 0s & 00s) but this would look good in the back of the glass case. I have some VPK ads in with my VPKs.

I'll pay you postage and a little for the hassle factor to ship it to me instead of throwing it in the can. (Unless you live in Lower Elbonia)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Packrats of the world unite (and share). It's amazing what some people (me for instance) will keep. But, in this case, I'll say that I have enough of my own flotsam and jetsam to want yours. The next bit though...

Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi there - wow, I was surprised by the outpouring of sympathy for this item! If you can give me your address I will send it along to you. Once sent, I will let you know the postage. I am in Massachusetts, by the way.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by puderse View Post
    I have a few old box Kodaks of little value (except the 0s & 00s) but this would look good in the back of the glass case. I have some VPK ads in with my VPKs.

I'll pay you postage and a little for the hassle factor to ship it to me instead of throwing it in the can. (Unless you live in Lower Elbonia)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by werra View Post
    Don't throw it away, someone might find it. Burn it!
    You sound just like my wife... she's not content after a clearout unless everything is totally DESTROYED
    Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin