Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,536   Online: 930

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Friends of Photography Workshops - 1973

For fun, my wife and I went to the Boston antiquarian book show yesterday.

I bought a copy of the Friends Of Photography quarterly journal from 1973, and in it was a flyer for workshops available that year.

Here's what we missed;
    Six days, "A technical, "how to" workshop with emphasis on field work and the craft of photography"...
    Among others the Staff includes;
    Ansel Adams, Wynn Bullock, Morley Baer.
    Cost $160.00 usd.

And a 12 day workshop in the summer, planned staff included Minor White, Ansel Adams, Wynn Bullock, Jerry Uelsmann, Robert Heinecken.
    Cost was $350 usd.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Friends of Photography001.jpg   FOP workshop.jpg  
    Last edited by bdial; 11-15-2009 at 06:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Do those prices include meals and a print from each member of the staff?

John Powers
    Last edited by jp80874; 11-15-2009 at 10:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That was an interesting find. Can you believe having a workshop with Minor White and Ansel Adams!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That was in incredible organization, with some incredible products. I have many of the Untitled series... they are great references. Sadly, I had the time and means to attend their workshops back then but never did. It is one of the few things in life that I regret.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I was a workshop assistant at those workshops for many years (post-Ansel) and there was a lot of energy in them. Being an assistant was great -- free room and board during the workshop and free access to the faculty members, other staff and the participants. A lot of work, too.

The Untitled Series made the membership fee to the Friends a bargain.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of course, in 1973 it took me about 3-weeks to earn $160.00.
    juan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin