Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,608   Online: 816

Shooter
    35mm

info on Univex Minicam AF-5 camera?

Hi all. Newbie here. I picked up a Univex Minicam AF-5 camera in my travels and wish to sell it, but I want to make sure I do it right. I'll admit up front I know very little about the mechanics of vintage cameras so even though it LOOKS to be in very good condition, I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

I'll post some photos, and would love any input from the experts out there on its value, the best place to sell it to get the best price (I assume ebay, though I could also sell it privately), and what I ought to check as far as condition. Are people comfortable buying these "as is" and knowing they may need to do some repairs? (assuming the photos are thorough).

Also, what might this bring? I found a similar one that recently sold on ebay for $59. but that's all I could find as reference. Thanks so much.

(By the way, I also picked up a Speed Graphic which I posted about in the Large Format section....different camera, same questions, if anyone cares to take a gander, thanks)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Univex made an interesting rotary shutter 35mm camera around the time of World War II. It had some sophisticated solutions. This camera seems to be at the other end of the design spectrum.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin